The primary mission of the Radiography Technology program is to prepare students for a career as a Registered Radiologic Technologist. The primary responsibility of a radiologic technologist is to create images of patients’ bodies using medical imaging equipment. Imaging exams help medical providers diagnose and treat injuries and diseases.
Students in this program will be instructed in classroom and laboratory settings to learn on-the-job skills, and then apply their knowledge in a clinical setting. Students will have the opportunity to gain experience in many healthcare settings including but not limited to hospitals, urgent care, and family practice clinics.
Certificates and Licensures
- MTECH Certificate in Radiography Technology
- ARRT Credential (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) - students will have 3 chances to pass the exam within 3 years of the first exam window
- DOPL license for Radiologic Technologist (This is done after earning the ARRT Certification)
- Healthcare Provider BLS and First Aid Certificate
- AAS in Healthcare Services from Utah Valley University
Registration Eligibility: Adults only.
Registration Availability: This program requires an application process and approval prior to registration. There is a rotating start date.
Program Length: 1600 clock hours.
Times: Days. See schedule details below.
Locations: MTECH Lehi Main Campus
- After completion of the Radiography Technology Program at MTECH, students may earn up to 30 credits towards the AAS at UVU. With their prerequisite classes completed, students will then complete the degree requirements for an Associate's degree in Healthcare Services.
- Students must have an Associate’s Degree or higher in order to sit for the ARRT National Registry Exam
Entrance Assessment: Students are required to take the MTECH Entrance Assessment and score a passing rate of higher: at least a "4" or provide alternative documentation to prove competency. The Entrance Assessment is free and takes about an hour to complete. To learn more visit mtec.edu/testing.
New Student Orientation: Students must complete the brief New Student Orientation by the first day of class. To learn more visit mtec.edu/nso.
See the program application for the complete list of requirements.
Applications and forms must be submitted during the the application window:
Fall start is May 15th to June 15th.
Spring start is October 15th to November 15th.
- Applications must be completed in full; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applying does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Up to 16 students will be admitted to the program.
- A competitive, points-based process determines admittance into the Radiography Technology Program. Registration is not first-come, first-serve and there is not a waiting list.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED
- Applicants must have an Associate’s Degree or higher, OR have completed all required classes for the AAS in Healthcare Services at Utah Valley University by the first day of the program.
- A background check and drug screen must be completed and results must be received by MTECH before the application deadline. Please follow the instructions for these procedures and allow up to 3 weeks for results to be sent to the College.
- If you are applying for Federal Financial Aid, please go to https://mtec.edu/financial-aid for more information. It is recommended that you apply at least six weeks prior to the first day of class to ensure processing before you start the program.
- This program is 1600 clock hours, including 935 hours of clinical. Attendance is mandatory and students are expected to pass all tests with an 80% or higher.
- Applicants should submit the completed application in one of the following ways:
- Hand deliver the completed application to Student Services at the Lehi Campus between the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Mail your completed application to:
Mountainland Technical College
ATTN: RADIOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
2301 Ashton Blvd, Lehi, UT 84043
|Session||Location||Room||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Spring 2022||Lehi Main||215||1/18/2022||5/16/2023||8:00 AM||2:30 PM||M-F|
|Fall 2022||Lehi Main||215||8/16/2022||TBD||8:00 AM||2:30 PM||M-F|
Note: Students will attend class/lab two days each week and will attend clinical on the other two days beginning the 2nd week of the program. Clinical shifts may be 8 hours/day and times may vary depending on the needs of the clinical sites.
Tuition and Fees
|total:||$4,295.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Materials and Supplies
|FIRST SEMESTER MATERIALS|
|Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 8th Edition||TBD||ISBN: 9780323643399|
|Bontrager's Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy, 10th Edition||TBD||ISBN: 9780323653671|
|Bontrager's Handbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy, 10th edition; pocket size and sprial bound||TBD||ISBN: 9780323694223|
|Radiographic Imaging and Exposure, 6th Edition||TBD||ISBN: 9780323661393|
|Patient Care in Radiography, 10th Edition||TBD||ISBN: 9780323654401|
|Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography, 9th Edition||TBD||IBSN: 9780323825030|
|SECOND SEMESTER MATERIALS|
|Radiologic Science for Technologists, 12th Edition||TBD||ISBN: 9780323661348|
|Principles of Radiographic Imaging: An Art and A Science; 6th Edition||TBD||ISBN: 9781337711067|
|DOPL Application Processing Fee||$70.00|
|ARRT Certification Application Fee||$0.00||included in fees ($225)|
|Ziltron Radiography Simulator Software||$0.00||one year access; included in program fees ($40)|
|Meducoach online 3D Xray imagine simulator and anatomy e-manual||$0.00||one year access; included in program fees ($70)|
|Medical Tape for Lead Markers||TBD|
|Black Scrubs, embroidered with MTECH logo and Program Name||TBD||A minimum of two sets|