Instructor: Jonathan Driggs, Attorney at Law
An employment law attorney with nearly 30 years of experience--including three years with the Utah Labor Commission
Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd February
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Both days
Reduce Your Liability:
Supervisors, managers, and executives have the most day-to-day interaction with employees, yet they usually know the least about employment laws. This results in a tremendous amount of your company’s legal liability in the hands of the uninformed. The best way to reduce a company’s liability risk is to educate those who need it the most: supervisors, managers, and executives.
The Employment Law for Managers Webinar is especially designed to help non-H.R. managers know how to comply with the law while still meeting business objectives. The importance of developing effective communication and leadership skills is also emphasized.
Some of the topics included in the Webinar are:
- Understanding at-will employment and its exceptions
- Understanding managerial agency (the manager’s duty to report potential legal violations to the company)
- How to avoid creating appearances of discrimination while managing employees
- How to manage retaliation risks
- How to conduct effective job interviews that are legally compliant
- How to prevent and/or respond to sexual harassment complaints
- How to respond to employee poor performance or misconduct in an effective and legal manner—including how to create documentation (notes and corrective actions) and termination of employment decisions
- How to accommodate disabled employees under the Americans with Disabilities Act while ensuring satisfactory job performance
- How to manage employees who are taking leave under the Family & Medical Leave Act
And much more
Each participant will receive, via email, a 90-page seminar manual containing reader-friendly summaries of the laws applicable to managing employees.
Real-Time Live Online Learning:
Participants log on remotely and are able to be taught, ask questions of the instructor, and go through the presentation, similar to classroom training. We will be using Zoom as the platform to conduct the training. Participants will need a device connected to the Internet (Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone) with either an internal or external speaker. To participate further, a camera and microphone would be helpful. Note: with Zoom, a phone can also be used for audio.
About the Presenter:
Jonathan has been presenting a popular series of employment law-related seminars for major corporations throughout the country for over twenty years. He is known for his ability to provide clear and concise explanations of the material—and for his engaging, humor-filled presentation style.
The published price is $120.00 per person Custom Fit Price is $84.00 per person.
(Lack of connectivity by the participant does not warrant a refund. This seminar is not to be viewed by more than one person per paid registration.)
To register go to: https://mtec.edu/custom-fit/register/
(Please include employee email addresses on the Training Agreement.)
For more information, contact:
Previous sessions of this seminar sponsored by Custom Fit have been very well-received.
The following are examples of recent participant feedback:
- “This course exceeded my expectations. I have been to similar courses that were not as informative or effective. The instructor was very professional, knowledgeable, and extremely effective in-class learning.”
- “The course more than met my expectations. I learned a lot. Jonathan was fantastic! He gave very good info, and it was presented so everyone could understand.”
- “This could have been a very dry course, but Jonathan was great… he covered the topics at the appropriate level of detail, injected humor and real-life experiences…and he is easy to listen to.”