Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) provide nursing care to clients with common health needs. They work under the direction of registered nurses, physician assistants, doctors and dentists. LPNs are often required to wear specific uniforms or scrubs, depending on the practice setting. Working with ill and injured individual can be very stressful and physically demanding. LPNs work in a variety of healthcare settings with diverse patient populations.
This program will prepare students to function as an entry-level nurse. Classroom theory is provided concurrently with clinical experiences. Students who complete the Practical Nursing Program will receive a Certificate of Completion from MTECH, be prepared to take the NCLEX-PN Exam, and be prepared to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse. MTECH Graduates have the opportunity to apply for admission into bridge programs where they can work towards becoming registered nurses.
- Practical Nursing
- Program Hours: 900 clock hours
- Campus Location: MTECH Lehi North Campus, Nursing Building
Certificates and Licensures
- MTECH Program Certificate in Practical Nursing
- Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and First Aid
*97% of the students who attended the MTECH Practical Nursing from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 completed the program, and 77% of the students who completed the program from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 obtained jobs after graduation. 100% of graduates passed the NCLEX-PN on their first attempt from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
Registration Eligibility: Adults only. High school students are not eligible to register for this program.
Registration Availability: This program requires an application process and approval prior to registration. You must submit your application for the Fall section between May 15 and June 15. For the Spring section you must submit your application between October 15 and November 15. Late applications will not be processed. The application details can be found below.
Program Length: 900 clock hours or approximately 9-12 months.
Times: Days, Evenings and Weekends. See schedule details below.
Locations: MTECH Lehi North Campus, Nursing Building
Articulation Agreements: Credit hours for completing this program can be counted towards degrees from UVU. +Learn more.
Financial Aid Eligible: This program is eligible for Financial Aid and Veterans Assistance. +Learn More
Practical Nursing Application Requirements
Note: It is the responsibility of the student to make sure the prerequisite courses he or she takes will be accepted at the school where they plan to complete their RN program, if applicable.
ALL REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- Must have a current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certificate.
- Must have completed all THREE prerequisite courses with a B- or better. The three required prerequisite courses are Anatomy (4 credits), Physiology (4 credits), and Growth and Development (3 credits) OR Psychology (3 credits). Introductory courses for Anatomy and Physiology will not be accepted. However, they will be accepted for Psychology or Growth and Development. Integrated Anatomy and Physiology courses will be accepted if both courses have been taken (4 credits each).
- The prerequisite courses must be taken from a regionally accredited college or university (Utah Valley University, Brigham Young University, Weber State University, Salt Lake Community College, etc). We do not accept prerequisite courses taken at schools such as Provo College, Ameritech, study.com, etc. If you have a question about your prerequisite courses and/or transcripts, please email email@example.com for assistance.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must take the most current version of the ATI TEAS test. Test scores are valid for one year.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Pay the $30 non-refundable PN Program Application Fee to MTECH Student Services.
- Pay $100 for the ATI TEAS test and register for the exam. For directions on how to sign up for the TEAS, please go to https://www.atitesting.com/teas-prep
- Completely fill out this application packet and upload all of the following documents with the application:
- official TEAS test results (within the last year)
- current CNA or EMT certificate
- copies of all official transcripts
- receipt for the $30 MTECH application fee.
- Applications are only accepted twice a year from October 15 through November 15 and again from May 15 through June 15. If you do not see the application tab, please check the website during these time frames.
Please contact Brittany Stepan at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the practical nursing program.
Pre-Application Information Meeting
- Applicants will be ranked according to their scores on the application.
- Applicants with the top scores (up to 35) will be contacted for an interview.
- All applicants will be notified within two weeks after the application close date as to whether or not they are eligible for an interview.
- The application score and interview score for each applicant interviewed will be combined.
- Up to 24 students are admitting into the program each semester. The number of seats offered is based on the number of students being admitted that semester.
- The applicants with the top scores will be offered seats in the program.
- The applicants not offered seats in the program will be placed on the alternate list.
- Applicants accepted into the program and those who are on the alternate list will be notified after interviews have been conducted and overall scores have been tallied.
- Applicants on the alternate list may be notified of available seat(s) in the program as late as the beginning of the first week of class.
Contact email@example.com with any additional questions.
|Session||Location||Room||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Fall 2020||Lehi Nursing Bldg||TBD||8/10/2020||TBD||Class:
Clinical: 5:45 AM
Clinical: 6:00 PM
|M-F with occasional Sat & Sun|
|Spring 2021||Lehi Nursing Bldg||TBD||1/11/2021||TBD||Class:
Clinical: 5:45 AM
Clinical: 6:00 PM
|M-F with occasional Sat & Sun|
Note: Classes are not held during Summer Term but clinicals may be available. Some clinicals will take place on the weekends.
Tuition and Fees
|Program Fees||$1,860.00||Includes all required textbooks|
|total:||$3,870.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Materials and Supplies
|Textbook/Workbooks||$0.00||Included in program fees|
|TEAS Exam||$100.00||Practical Nursing Entrance Exam|
|Uniforms and Shoes||$100.00||Scrubs are available in the Lehi MTECH Bookstore|
|Background Check & Drug Screen||$92.00|
|National NCLEX-PN Exam||$200.00|
|Utah State PN License Fee||$100.00||Paid to DOPL after graduating from the program and passing the NCLEX-PN Exam|
The Practical Nursing Program at Mountainland Technical College at the
Lehi Main Campus located in Lehi, Utah is accredited by:
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone: (404) 975-5000
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners
for the Practical Nursing Program is continuing accreditation.