Advanced EMT (AEMT) is the second level of emergency medical training; therefore AEMTs have completed the training required at the EMT level, as well as training for more advanced skills, such as; intravenous infusion, advanced airway management, and medication administration.
This program is for students who have completed a Utah EMT program and are seeking the Advanced level. The AEMT program includes the following skill competencies:
- Foundations of AEMT
- Venous access and medication administration
- Advanced airway management
- Patient assessment
- Hemorrhage and shock
- MTECH Program Certificate in Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- National Advanced EMT Certification
- NATIONAL CERTIFICATION TESTING: The Advanced EMT Program Fee includes the practical testing portion for the certification. The cost of the written exam will be paid to the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) upon program completion. The Program Fees also include the notarized application fees. Completion of this course does NOT guarantee certification with the NREMT or guarantee that you will be recommended for certification. Each student must meet all of the requirements of the EMT Program in order to be considered for recommendation.
- In addition, students will be required to finish ALL National testing and retesting within 120 days of the last day of the program. There is both a written and practical test required by the NREMT.
- Students must be at least 18 years old within 120 days of course completion in order to be eligible to sit for the National EMT Exam.
- Students must have a current State or National EMT Certification
- Healthcare Provider BLS and First Aid Certificate
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Fall 2018||Lehi Room 102||8/21/18||12/11/2018||6:00PM||9:00 PM||T,W,Th|
|Fall 2019||Lehi Room 102||1/31/19||5/23/19||6:00 PM||9:00 PM||T,W,Th|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Registration Fee||$40.00||This is a one time fee|
|Facilities Fee||$50.00||Includes Parking Pass|
|Tuition||$270.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
|Workbook/Textbook AEMT||$166.50||2nd Edition; ISBN #13: 978-0-13-283654-8|
|MTECH EMT Shirt||$11.00|
|NREMT National Written Test Fee||$100.00||OPTIONAL|
|Blood Pressure Kit||$34.15||OPTIONAL|
Request A Tour
See For Yourself What We Offer
- Get a personal one-on-one tour
- See our labs and equipment first hand
- Get answers to your questions
100% Secure. We Never Share Your Information.