MTECH Entrance Assessment
You must complete your MTECH application and have an MTECH Student ID Number before taking the assessment. Please visit the MTECH Student Portal if you have not already done so. Your student picture will be taken prior to taking the assessment test.
Most MTECH programs require meeting skill level requirements on the Entrance Assessment prior to registration. The Entrance Assessment measures the student's Reading Comprehension and Basic Math Skill levels. This aids in ensuring the student is adequately prepared for the basic reading and math principles that will be used in the program they decide to enroll in.
The assessment test may be waived. Please see the following link for more information about providing proof of waivers and the assessment levels required for admission –
- Photo ID required to test.
- The Entrance Assessment is free and takes about 1 hour.
- All Entrance Assessments must begin a minimum 1 hour prior to closing.
- Entrance Assessments are available on a walk-in basis.
- Additional prerequisites may be required for specific programs.
- If your assessment score is lower than the minimum allowed for your program, you will be provided a customized study guide, based on the elements you missed and need to improve on. You can then retake the assessment.
- There is a waiting period of 1 day after the first attempt, 2 days after the second attempt, and 3 days after the third attempt.
- MTECH Tests – Free
- General proctoring – $10.00
- Proctoring is available for many schools and institutions. Please contact the testing center for more information.
- General proctoring for MTECH student – $5.00
- WGU Tests – No additional proctoring fee
- RMGA Exams – $110.00
- ISO Quality Testing – No additional proctoring fee (schedule through ISO)
- Pearson Vue Exams – No additional proctoring fee (Pearson Vue)
- CNA Testing – No additional fee (purchase exam through UNAR/www.utahcna.com)
- Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicator license testing – $10.00
For Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodations please see our Academic Counseling page for more information at https://mtec.edu/counseling/.
Testing Center Locations
2301 West Ashton Blvd.
Lehi Utah 84043
Monday through Friday
8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Orem Campus 1410 West 1200 South Orem, UT 84058 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Spanish Fork Campus 693 West 1210 South Spanish Fork, UT 84660 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
For all campuses call 801-753-6282