Applications for Student of the Year are now open! Mountainland Technical College invites students to apply for the title of Student of the Year. Students that excel in the classroom, have a passion for MTECH, and a dedication to their program would be great candidates for this award. Mountainland Technical College is looking for an outstanding student to represent MTECH and technical education in the state of Utah. MTECH’s Student of the Year will be invited to speak about their Technical College experience at college events, including graduation, board meetings, etc. The individual that is granted this award is awarded a $1,000 scholarship, and also provides an additional $1,000 to their program that the program can use for educational purposes.
- Write a two-page essay on what brought you to MTECH, your experience at MTECH, and what you plan to do afterwards with your certificate or licensure.
- The student must have an instructor endorsement.
- The student is seventeen (17) and a senior in high school, or is eighteen (18) years old or older.
- To be eligible to win, the entrant must be a current student at MTECH or have graduated within the current calendar year.
- Entrants must be willing to sign and adhere to all Student of the Year Program rules and regulations.
- Applicants must be in good academic and financial standing with the college.
- Applicants will be interviewed by the selection committee. The interview will focus on why the applicant should be the Mountainland Technical College Student of the Year.
- Applications must be submitted no later than November 15, 2019.