Web Programming & Development
Up to $3,800
Application Dates for Fall 2018Applications will be accepted from Tuesday, May 15, 2018 through Friday June 15, 2018 @ 5:00 PM.
Applicants may be interviewed after the application process is complete and will be notified of acceptance by December 15, 2017.
For additional details please see the Application information below.
- MTech Web Programming & Development Programming Certificate
- UVU Articulation Agreement – Completing this program, students are eligible to participate in an articulation agreement with Utah Valley University. Hours and certifications can be applied towards an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Technology at Utah Valley University (UVU). Learn more+
- Gainful Employment Data
- Registration is available to Adults and high school seniors only.
- High School Seniors accepted into the Web Programming & Development Program, along with a parent or guardian, must meet with an MTech Career and Guidance Counselor to review time commitments and tuition requirements. To schedule an appointment please call Kara Clarke at (801) 753-4109 or email at email@example.com.
- Acceptance to this program is by application process only.
- Students must complete the Career Ready Assessment at the minimum qualification of 4 for math and reading to be eligible to begin the application process
- Students with prior programming and/or coding knowledge and/or experience will be given preference.
- Documentation or proof of this experience must be electronically uploaded at the time of the application process and pre assessment testing.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Fall 2017 Session||Lehi Campus Room 314||8/22/17||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-F|
|Spring Session 2018||Lehi Campus Room 315||01/16/18||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-F|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Program Fees Option 1||$1,200.00||
To be eligible for this fee, students must have their own Apple device that meets these specifications: Laptop Minimum Requirements: Processor: Intel Core i5 or i7 (2.5 GHz or better);
DEPENDING ON DEVICE, STUDENTS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO USE ADDITIONAL MONITORS PROVIDED IN CLASSROOM.
*Students must produce their device and have the Web Programming & Development Coordinator test and approve their device in order to obtain permission for the reduced fee.
|Program Fees Option 2||$1,700||
Program fee includes: 12″ MacBookAir (2.2 GHz dual-core intel Core i7 Processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz; 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3
memory, 512GB SSD storage 1; intel HD Graphis 6000; Backlit Keyoard – US English; 1 x Thunderbolt port).
THIS OPTION ALLOWS FOR ONLY 1 ADDITIONAL CLASSROOM MONITOR TO BE USED-STUDENT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN ADAPTER IF THEY WANT TO UTILIZE 2 ADDITIONAL MONITORS.
|Program Fees Option 3||$2,000.00|| Program fee includes: 13″ MacBook Pro (2.3 GHz dual-core intel Core i5 Processor, 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory, 128GB SSD storage
1; intel Iris Plus Graphics 640; 2 x Thunderbolt 3 ports, THIS OPTION ALLOWS FOR 2 ADDITIONAL CLASSROOM MONITORS TO BE USED.
|Tuition||$1,806.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration. Due to the competitive nature of this program, all tuition must be paid in full two weeks prior to the start date of this program. This includes high school students, who will owe tuition for remaining hours after high school graduation.|
|Total||Based off option chosen||Option 1: $3016.00 Option 2: $3506.00 Option 3: $3806.00|
Financial Aid Eligible:Yes.
Get started by visiting the Office of Financial Aid
The application process includes a pre-assessment and an application. Each of these items will be completed while you are at the MTech Lehi Testing Center– so be prepared!
If you have any documentation that shows previous computer science, programming and/or web development experience, you must have this documentation in an electronic copy to upload and submit at this time.
Please plan on a few hours to complete both the assessment and the online application.
Please note: You may have to produce the original documentation at some time so keep it safe and accessible.
Step 1 – Pre-assessment
The first step in the application process is to take a pre-assessment. The purpose of this pre-assessment is to gauge your readiness to engage and complete the training. You may want to brush up on your English and math skills.
- This free assessment takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
- You can walk-in or schedule the assessment at the MTech Testing Center.
Your must score a minimum of 4 on the math and reading pre-assessment test to be able to move to the application process.
If your pre-assessment score is high enough you will then complete the online application while still in the testing center.
Step 2 – Online Application
- The online application will be given to you once you have completed your MTech pre-assessment and scored, at minimum, a 4 on both the math and reading sections.
- The online application must be filled out at the MTech testing center.
- While filling out the online application, you will be asked to provide any documentation showing previous programming or development experience. This documentation may be a resume, transcript, proof of online education, letter of reference, etc. This documentation must be submitted electronically during the time you are filling out the application. Please be prepared to have all documentation with you when you start the online application process.
Step 3 – Video Interview
- After completing the MTech math and Reading pre-assessment, the online application (with uploaded supporting documentation) you will then be given a video interview. This interview can be done while at the testing center or within 3 days of applying. The only requirements are a camera and internet access. You will be emailed a link that will allow you to go through the video interview process and then send your interview to the selection committee.
- Admission to the program is contingent on making full payment of all tuition, fees and registration. If you are accepted you will be notified, by email and/or letter, of the due dates for the fees. Once notified you must submit payment for all tuition and fees to secure your place. Students who have been accepted but do not submit all tuition and fees by the due date will have their place given to the next available applicant.
- You must complete the application form, in its entirety while at the testing center. While supporting documentation is not required, any supporting documentation you wish to provide will need to be uploaded at the time of completing the online application and cannot be added at a later time. Please come prepared to upload any documentation. Incomplete applications received at any time will be returned to the sender without being considered or scored.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Entry into the program is determined by a competitive, points-based process.
- There is no waiting list. If you are not enrolled in this session you must reapply for the next.
- The application process will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religious background, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate or provide documentation of experience with computer programming and/or web development.
- A document showing this experience will need to accompany this application (i.e. letter from employer, contact information of employer, etc.). All documentation must be verifiable by the MTech before the application is considered to be complete.
- Because the application must be completed in a single session, you can not save or resume once you have started. You will want to have an electronic copy ready for upload before you start the application process.
- You could even use your phone to take a CLEARLY identifiable photo as proof and upload that. Make sure the photo you take shows clearly your name and any relevant supporting information. We must be able to see the contact information for the source of the documentation so that we can verify if needed.
- Incoming High School Seniors are eligible to apply for Web Programming and Development. Preference will be given for High School Seniors that have had any programming and/or web development courses with a grade of C or better. An official transcript and/or a copy of an applicable Skills Test Certificate must accompany the application as proof of taking any courses.
- Prior to completion and submission of the application for this program, you must have taken the MTech Career Ready 101 Math and English Assessment. This assessment is administered at the MTech Testing Center at the Thanksgiving Point Campus. That assessment must be completed prior to this application or, your submission will not be considered or scored.
- These costs are estimates only. The cost for fees, tuition and any other associated costs are subject to change at any time and without notice. Tuition rates generally change annually on July 1st, and may increase from current rates.
- Students will commit to the prescribed procedures and policies as outlined in the MTech Student Guide. Please review this.
- Satisfactory progress of 85% and attendance of 85% must be maintained in this program. This program may require long days, nights and weekends.
- Students will be placed with local companies for an externship towards the end of the program.
- This externship will run for 240 hours at the end of the program. While students will have the option for flexible hours during the internship, all 240 hours must be completed during this time in order to complete the program.
- All students entering an externship may be required to consent to background check conducted by the externship site.
What happens after you apply?
- Applications will NOT be accepted after the published CLOSING date.
- All applications are scored on a point system and will be used to select qualified applicants.
- Top 30 applicants will be contacted for a face-to-face personal interview, if needed.
- 20 out of 30 applicants will be offered admittance into the program.
- Faculty and program director reserve the right to conduct additional interviews of qualified applicants and may place one or more on an alternate list to fill any open seats which may be declined.
- Points will be assigned to:
- Career Ready 101 Math and English scores
- Documentation of prior experience as related to coding/programming.
- Transcripts for programming or computer science courses (HS or Higher Ed).
- Online Video Assessment
- Applications are only good for one enrollment period. If you apply, but are not accepted, you must reapply and participate in the selection process.
- Career Ready Assessment, documentation of experience, letter(s) of recommendation and Pre-Assessment are valid for 1 (one) year from submission date and will be kept on file by MTech. You may opt to re-take or re-submit any of these items.
- Admission to this or future programs is not guaranteed.
- Interview and alternate notices will be sent out no later than 30 days prior to class start date.
- Acceptance notifications will be made available after the interviews are conducted and scored.
- Alternates will be notified as late as the beginning of the first week of class.
- Alternates will have 72 hours to accept or reject offer.
- ALL Tuition and Fees are due upon acceptance to the course.
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.