(approx. 4 Years)
Pipes also are used in manufacturing plants to move acids, gases, and waste by-products through the production process. Master plumbers on construction jobs may be involved with developing blueprints that show where all the pipes and fixtures will go. Their input helps ensure that a structure’s plumbing meets building codes, stays within budget, and works well with the location of other features, such as electric wires.
Plumbers install and repair water, drainage, and gas pipes in homes, businesses, and factories. They install and repair large water lines, such as those that supply water to buildings, and smaller ones, including ones that supply water to refrigerators. Plumbers also install plumbing fixtures—bathtubs, showers, sinks, and toilets—and appliances such as dishwashers, garbage disposals, and water heaters.
As a Plumber Apprentice, you will be working in residential and commercial buildings assembling, installing, and repairing water, drainage, and heating systsem. You will install water pipes, sinks, bathtubs, water heaters, and dishwashers. This program will satisfy the educational requirements to take the State Journeyman Exam. MTech’s Apprenticeship programs are composed of two parts: (1) on-the-job training and (2) classroom instruction. The on-the-job training is provided by an outside sponsor (employer) who exposes the apprentice to practical applications in all areas of a chosen trade. The classroom related instruction is organized and designed to provide the apprentice with knowledge of the theoretical and technical aspects of his or her trade. Classroom related instruction will be held at one of MTech’s Campuses.
720 hours over four (4) years.
- Journeyman Plumbing Licensure
- United States Department of Labor Office of Apprenticeship Federal Work Credential
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing (DOPL) Residential Plumbing Licensure
- UVU Articulation Agreement – Completing this program, students are eligible to participate in an articulation agreement with Utah Valley University. Hours and certifications can be applied towards an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Technology at Utah Valley University (UVU). Learn more+
- It is strongly recommended to register early due to a high volume of students registering with a limited number of seats.
- First year students are required to meet with the Apprenticeship Department before enrolling in the program. To schedule an appointment call: (801) 753-4212 or (801) 753-4214.
- Students must work at least part-time for a plumbing company, and be supervised by a Master or Journeyman Plumber. However, first year unemployed students may register for courses if there is
- All employed students must register with the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing.
- All employed high school students must also register with the United States Department of Labor Office of Apprenticeship.
- Students must complete the previous Plumbing session and pass the Competency Exam with a score of 70% or better to advance to the next course.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Session 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A||Orem||8/23/2017||12/11/2017||6:00 PM||9:00 PM||M,W|
|Session 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A||Orem||8/22/2017||12/12/2017||6:00 PM||9:00 PM||T,H|
|Session1B, 2B, 3B, 4B||Orem||1/17/2018||5/7/2018||6:00 PM||9:00 PM||M,W|
|Session 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B||Orem||1/18/2018||5/8/2018||6:00 PM||9:00 PM||T,H|
|Offset Session 1A||Orem||1/9/2018||3/20/2018||6:00 PM||9:00 PM||T,W,H|
|Offset Session 1B||Orem||3/27/2018||6/5/2018||6:00 PM||9:00 PM||T,W,H|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.