Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork
The primary duty of Certified Nursing Assistants, or CNA’s, is direct patient care, including attending to daily needs such as bathing and hygiene, assisting those with eating difficulties, and helping patients with range-of-motion exercises. Nursing Assistants also record and monitor patients’ vital signs, as well as remaining alert for any changes in the patient’s behavior or condition that might signal problems.
Students are trained under the direction of a licensed nurse in a patient’s physical, emotional, and social care.
The Nursing Assistant program will cover:
- Professional ethics
- Basic safety and emergencies
- CPR Certification
- Communication skills
- Body mechanics
- Vital signs
- Infection control
- Body systems and diseases
- Personal care of the patient and the patient’s environment
Both classroom theory and clinical experience in a healthcare facility will be provided. Often the clinical experience will not be scheduled at the same time as classes. When students pass this course they will be qualified to sit for the Utah’s certification, written and skills exam.
- MTECH Program Certificate in Nurse Assistant
- Students are prepared to sit for the State of Utah Certified Nurse Assistant Certification Exam
- Healthcare Provider BLS and First Aid Certificate
- The MTECH Entrance Assessment must be taken prior to registering. Please see the Testing Center for details
- Registration is available to adult students only.
- Students must have TB testing and a Hepatitis B vaccine, or sign a waiver form.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Spring 2019||Lehi Rm 208||1/7/2019||2/6/2019||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-Th|
|Spring 2019||Orem Rm 113||1/8/2019||3/12/2019||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||T,Th|
|Spring 2019||Spanish Fork Rm 105||1/28/2019||2/28/2019||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-Th|
|Spring 2019||Lehi Rm 208||2/19/2019||3/20/2019||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-Th|
|Spring 2019||Orem Rm 113||3/11/2019||5/13/2019||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M,W|
|Spring 2019||Lehi Rm 208||6/3/2019||7/2/2019||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-Th|
|Spring 2019||Orem Rm 113||7/8/19||TBA||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||T,Th|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Program Fees||$160.00||Textbook is included|
|Tuition||$228.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
VA Eligible: Yes
|Textbook Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care, The Basics 4th||$0.00||included in fees|
|CNA State Exam||$75.00|
|Blood Pressure Kit||$35.00|
|Missed Clinical||$-||Missed clinical (no call, no show) will result in fines of $50 each time|
Request A Tour
See For Yourself What We Offer
- Get a personal one-on-one tour
- See our labs and equipment first hand
- Get answers to your questions
100% Secure. We Never Share Your Information.