Lehi and Spanish Fork
Day and Night
Nail Technicians work exclusively on the hands and feet, providing treatments to groom fingernails and toenails. The MTech Nail Technician training will provide students a minimum of 300 attended hours of instruction to prepare students to take the Utah State Board Exam for Nail Technology. Students receive valuable experience focused on:
- Sanitation and Safety Procedures
- Artificial Nail Techniques
- Cosmetic Chemistry
- Pedicure and Manicures
- MTech Nail Technician Program Certificate.
- Preparation for Utah State Licensure (DOPL) Nail Technician
- All students are required to meet with the Cosmetology Salon Manager to discuss the program. To make an appointment please contact the campus the student desires to enroll at by calling one of the numbers lsited and asking for the Salon Manager:
• Thanksgiving Point Campus: (801-753-4170)
• Spanish Fork Campus: (801-753-4188)
- Alpine School District students need to meet with their high school counselor and obtain a Cosmetology Checklist. With the completed checklist, they are required to meet with Glen Bailey at the Alpine School District Office.
- Due to the program class dates not being lock-step, all high school students must approve enrollment start and end dates with their high school counselor before registration with MTech for any session
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Tuition||$700.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
Get started by visiting the Office of Financial Aid
|Nail Technician Kit||$0.00||Included with fees|
|Textbook||$0.00||Included with fees|
|State Licensure Fee||$60.00|
|State Board Practical Exam||$87.00|
|State Board Theory Exam||$87.00|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.