Up to $3,800
Programming is exciting and constantly changing. If you love to learn and you love technology this is the right field for you. Mobile Development will enable you to bring your ideas to life. New ideas for apps are talked about everyday among friends. Developers are always thinking of new ways that they can innovate to make everyday processes easier with apps. Apple trademarked the phrase, “There’s an app for that”. There are apps for everything, because of developers. New technologies are enabling new kinds of apps to constantly be built. This class will teach the fundamentals of Mobile Development and give students opportunities to build a large code base. These experiences will enable students to release personal apps to the Apple App Store and the ability to land a job as a Junior Developer. This class will always adopt the newest technologies and stay up to date in order to best prepare students for the job force.
Application Dates for Fall 2018 ProgramApplications will be accepted from Tuesday, May 15, 2018 through Friday June 15, 2018 @ 5:00 PM.
Applicants may be interviewed after the application process is complete and will be notified of acceptance by December 15, 2017.
For additional details please see the Application information below.
- MTECH Mobile Development Programming Certificate
- UVU Articulation Agreement – Completing this program, students are eligible to participate in an articulation agreement with Utah Valley University. Hours and certifications can be applied towards an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Technology at Utah Valley University (UVU). Learn more+
- Registration is available to Adults and high school seniors only.
- High School Seniors accepted into the Mobile Development Program, along with a parent or guardian, must meet with an MTECH Career and Guidance Counselor to review time commitments and tuition requirements. To schedule an appointment please call Kara Clarke at (801) 753-4109 or email at email@example.com.
- Acceptance to this program is by application process only.
- Students must complete the Career Ready Assessment at the minimum qualification of 4 for math and reading to be eligible to begin the application process
- Students with prior programming and/or coding knowledge and/or experience will be given preference.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Spring 2018 Session||Lehi Campus||1/16/18||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-F|
|Fall 2018 Session||Lehi Campus||08/20/18||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-F|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Program Fees Option 1||$1,200.00||To be eligible for this fee, students must have their own Apple device that meets these specifications: Laptop Minimum Requirements: Processor: Intel Core i5 or i7 (2.5 GHz or better); Memory (RAM): 8 GB minimum; Hard Drive: 500 GB, 7200 rpm, SATA and/or 256 GB SSD (or better); Optical Drive(s): Optional; Sound Card: Any; Graphics Card; Monitor: 13″” or better (laptop); Network Adapter: Gigabit Ethernet adapter and 802.11ac wireless adapter (Some laptops no longer include Ethernet adapters.); Port Connection: USB 3.0, HDMI and/or ThunderBolt 2. DEPENDING ON DEVICE STUDENTS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO USE ADDITIONAL MONITORS PROVIDED IN CLASSROOM. Students must produce their device and have the Web Programming & Development Coordinator test and approve their device in order to obtain permission for the reduced fee.|
|Program Fees Option 2||$1,700||Program fee includes: 13″ MacBookAir (1.8 GHz dual-core intel Core i5 Processor, Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz; 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory, 128GB SSD storage 1; intel HD Graphis 6000; 1 x Thunderbolt port). THIS OPTION ALLOWS FOR ONLY 1 ADDITIONAL CLASSROOM MONITOR TO BE USED-STUDENT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN ADAPTER IF THEY WANT TO UTILIZE 2 ADDITIONAL MONITORS.|
|Program Fees Option 3||$2,000.00||Program fee includes: 13″ MacBook Pro (2.3 GHz dual-core7th-generation intel Core i5 Processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz; 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory, 128GB SSD storage 1; intel Iris Plus Graphics 640; 2 x Thunderbolt 3 ports, THIS OPTION ALLOWS FOR 2 ADDITIONAL CLASSROOM MONITORS TO BE USED.|
|Tuition||$1,800.00||Program fee includes: 13″ MacBook Pro (2.3 GHz dual-core7th-generation intel Core i5 Processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz; 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory, 128GB SSD storage 1; intel Iris Plus Graphics 640; 2 x Thunderbolt 3 ports, THIS OPTION ALLOWS FOR 2 ADDITIONAL CLASSROOM MONITORS TO BE USED.|
|Total||Based off option chosen||Option 1: $3016.00 Option 2: $3506.00 Option 3: $3806.00|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
The application process includes a pre-assessment and an application. Each of these items will be completed while you are at the MTECH Lehi Testing Center– so be prepared!
Step 1 – Pre-assessment
The first step in the application process is to take a pre-assessment. The purpose of this pre-assessment is to gauge your readiness to engage and complete the training. You may want to brush up on your English and math skills.
- This free assessment takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
- You can walk-in or schedule the assessment at the MTECH Testing Center.
Your must score a minimum of 4 on the math and reading pre-assessment test to be able to move to the application process.
If your pre-assessment score is high enough you will then complete the online application while still in the testing center.
Step 2 – Online Application
- The online application will be given to you once you have completed your MTECH pre-assessment and scored, at minimum, a 4 on both the math and reading sections.
- The online application must be filled out at the MTECH testing center.
- Admission to the program is contingent on making full payment of all tuition, fees and registration. If you are accepted you will be notified, by email and/or letter, of the due dates for the fees. Once notified you must submit payment for all tuition and fees to secure your place. Students who have been accepted but do not submit all tuition and fees by the due date will have their place given to the next available applicant.
- You must complete the application form, in its entirety while at the testing center.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Entry into the program is determined by a competitive, points-based process.
- There is no waiting list. If you are not enrolled in this session you must reapply for the next.
- The application process will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religious background, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- These costs are estimates only. The cost for fees, tuition and any other associated costs are subject to change at any time and without notice. Tuition rates generally change annually on July 1st, and may increase from current rates.
- Students will commit to the prescribed procedures and policies as outlined in the MTECH Student Guide. Please review this.
- Satisfactory progress of 85% and attendance of 85% must be maintained in this program. This program may require long days, nights and weekends.
- Students will be placed with local companies for an externship towards the end of the program.
- This externship will run for 240 hours at the end of the program. While students will have the option for flexible hours during the internship, all 240 hours must be completed during this time in order to complete the program.
- All students entering an externship may be required to consent to background check conducted by the externship site.
What happens after you apply?
- Applications will NOT be accepted after the published closing date.
- All applications are scored on a point system and will be used to select qualified applicants.
- Top 30 applicants will be contacted for a face-to-face personal interview, if needed.
- 20 out of 30 applicants will be offered admittance into the program.
- Faculty and program director reserve the right to conduct additional interviews of qualified applicants and may place one or more on an alternate list to fill any open seats which may be declined.
- Applications are only good for one enrollment period. If you apply, but are not accepted, you must reapply and participate in the selection process.
- Career Ready Assessment, documentation of experience, letter(s) of recommendation and Pre-Assessment are valid for 1 (one) year from submission date and will be kept on file by MTech. You may opt to re-take or re-submit any of these items.
- Admission to this or future programs is not guaranteed.
- Interview and alternate notices will be sent out no later than 30 days prior to class start date.
- Acceptance notifications will be made available after the interviews are conducted and scored.
- Alternates will be notified as late as the beginning of the first week of class.
- Alternates will have 72 hours to accept or reject offer.
- ALL Tuition and Fees are due upon acceptance to the course.
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.