President Clay Christensen recently participated in the UVU/MTECH K16 Counselor Conference. With a unanimous goal to help every student at any educational level succeed in their education, UVU and MTECH are putting forces together for students in the Mountainland Region.
The UVU/MTECH K-16 Alliance has continuing goals to measure its successful impact. These goals include:
- By the year 2025, 90 percent of third-grade students in the Alliance will achieve grade-level proficiency in literacy, as measured by nationally accepted assessments.
- Seventy-five percent of students entering Utah Valley University from the K-16 Alliance service region will be college math-ready.
- Create seamless transitions along the K-16 pathway through increased counselor communication and by providing K-16 educational road maps.
- Establish and market a robust Career Pathways plan that includes stackable credentials, developed in coordination with business and industry.
- Ninety percent of graduating high school seniors will apply to at least one college or university and 80 percent of graduating seniors will apply for some form of financial aid. (Establish a UVU/MTECH campus visit program with an emphasis on first-generation students.)
To learn more about these exciting partnerships, please visit the following: