The Academic and Career Counselors at MTECH are professionally trained student advocates and are available to all students. They are able to provide the following services:
- Provide information that will assist in the course selection and registration process
- Counsel and motivate students
- Address crisis situations/personal concerns and make referrals to community support services
- Track student progress and attendance to to help students meet MTECH's academic standards
- Work collaboratively with other departments and services across the college to resolve student issues
- Provide guidance in campus and program policies or procedures, student rights, and the student complaint process
- Make arrangements for accommodations as requested under the Americans with Disabilities Act
Choose Your Campus. Choose Your Counselor.
Lehi Campus - A-J Last Name
Do you need help with emotional crises, bullying, relationship problems, mental health, or suicide-related issues? We want to help!
As part of an ongoing effort to help provide the students, parents, and employees of Mountainland Technical College with a safe and secure environment, MTECH is supporting SafeUT and encouraging you to use the SafeUT Mobile App.
- Real-time, two-way communication with SafeUT available 24/7
- Licensed counselors respond to all incoming chats, texts or calls
- Supportive or crisis counseling
- Suicide prevention and Referral services.
- Confidential and password protected services
- Tips can be submitted with picture and/or video
- Mobile app works with Apple & Android devices
SafeUT services are provided by MTECH through the University of Utah’s Crisis Center at the University Neuropsychiatric Institute (UNI), and all interactions are handled by licensed master’s level clinicians. Students, parents or employees who call or start a crisis chat through the mobile app will connect directly to a crisis counselor. Students, parents, and employees can also use the SafeUT phone app to send school and student safety tips. All tips are completely confidential. Registering with SafeUT Mobile App is easy and available for free in the Apple and Google Play stores: Search and select “SafeUT” and Register as a Student, Parent, or Educator of MTECH or your local school.
ADA Statement and Accommodations
The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) provide comprehensive civil rights and protections for persons with disabilities. MTECH does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, educational process, or treatment of students with disabilities.
Students must voluntarily disclose that they have a disability, request an accommodation, and provide documentation of their disability. The Academic and Career Counselors are the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Coordinators for the college and make arrangements for accommodations as requested.
MTECH does not provide licensed counseling services. We strongly encourage students to seek out professional services as needed. For any incidents involving sexual harassment please contact:
MTECH Title IX Coordinator
2301 West Ashton Blvd. Lehi, UT 84043
All contact is kept in the strictest confidentiality.