Summer STEM Cooking
Make Your Summer Sizzle!
Spend two weeks this summer learning to cook, the science involved and best of all…EATING YOUR CLASSWORK! This AWESOME hands-on class for 7th, 8th and 9th graders will include these SUPER FUN topics combining food and science:
- Better Safe than Sorry-Pathogens and Bacteria
- Spice Up Life – Papillia and our Olafactory Response
- Thick or Thin-Proteins, Lipids and Coagulation
- Mixin’ it Up-Emulsifications and Acidic Reactions
- Rise to the Occasion-Chemical and Natural Leavening Agents
- Life in the Fast Lane-Our Body’s Energy Sources
- Breakin’ it Down – Enzymes and What They Do
- How Sweet it is-Sucrose, Fructose and Glucose
$150.00 covers all costs.
*All classes will be held in the culinary lab at Mountainland Applied Technology College 2301 W Ashton Blvd Lehi, UT 84043 (Next to Thanksgiving Point) Questions? Call 801-753-MTech (6282)
Ready To Have Fun?
Get your summer sizzle on!Register Now
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Session 1||Lehi Campus||6/5/17||6/15/17||8:00 AM||12:00 PM||M-Th|
|Session 2||Lehi Campus||6/19/17||6/29/17||8:00 AM||12:00 PM||M-Th|
|Session 3||Lehi Campus||7/10/17||7/20/17||8:00 AM||12:00 PM||M-Th|
|Session 4||Lehi Campus||7/25/17||8/3/17||8:00 AM||12:00 PM||Tuesday – Friday (first week) and
Monday – Thursday (second week)