Summer STEM Cooking
Make Your Summer Sizzle!
Spend two weeks this summer learning to cook, the science involved and best of all…EATING YOUR CLASSWORK! This AWESOME hands-on class for 7th, 8th and 9th graders will include these SUPER FUN topics combining food and science:
- Better Safe than Sorry-Pathogens and Bacteria
- Spice Up Life – Papillia and our Olfactory Response
- Thick or Thin-Proteins, Lipids and Coagulation
- Mixin’ it Up-Emulsifications and Acidic Reactions
- Rise to the Occasion-Chemical and Natural Leavening Agents
- Life in the Fast Lane-Our Body’s Energy Sources
- Breakin’ it Down – Enzymes and What They Do
- How Sweet it is-Sucrose, Fructose and Glucose
$150.00 covers all costs.
*All classes will be held in the culinary lab at MTECH 2301 W Ashton Blvd Lehi, UT 84043 (Next to Thanksgiving Point) Questions? Call 801-753-6282
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Session 1||Main Campus Lehi RM 117||6/18/18||6/28/18||8:00 AM||12:00 PM||M-Th|
|Session 2||Main Campus Lehi RM 117||7/9/18||7/19/18||8:00 AM||12:00 PM||M-Th|