To register for Summer STEM Cooking, please contact MTECH Student Services at 801.753.6282 or come into any of our campuses in Lehi, Orem or Spanish Fork.
Make Your Summer Sizzle!
Spend two weeks this summer learning to cook, the science involved and best of all…EATING YOUR CLASSWORK!
This AWESOME hands-on class for 7th, 8th and 9th graders will include these SUPER FUN topics combining food and science:
- Better Safe than Sorry-Pathogens and Bacteria
- Spice Up Life – Papillia and our Olfactory Response
- Thick or Thin-Proteins, Lipids and Coagulation
- Mixin’ it Up-Emulsifications and Acidic Reactions
- Rise to the Occasion-Chemical and Natural Leavening Agents
- Life in the Fast Lane-Our Body’s Energy Sources
- Breakin’ it Down – Enzymes and What They Do
- How Sweet it is-Sucrose, Fructose and Glucose
$150.00 covers all costs. To register, parents should either call student services at (801)753-8201 and pay via credit card, or come in to one of the MTECH campuses to register in person.
*All classes will be held in the culinary lab at MTECH 2301 W Ashton Blvd Lehi, UT 84043 (Next to Thanksgiving Point) Questions? Call 801-753-6282
Tuition and Fees
|All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|