Wasatch UVU (Heber)
The primary duty of Certified Nursing Assistants, or CNA’s, is direct patient care, including attending to daily needs such as bathing and hygiene, assisting those with eating difficulties, and helping patients with range-of-motion exercises. Nursing Assistants also record and monitor patients’ vital signs, as well as remaining alert for any changes in the patient’s behavior or condition that might signal problems.
Students are trained under the direction of a licensed nurse in a patient’s physical, emotional, and social care.
The Nursing Assistant program will cover:
- Professional ethics
- Basic safety and emergencies
- CPR Certification
- Communication skills
- Body mechanics
- Vital signs
- Infection control
- Body systems and diseases
- Personal care of the patient and the patient’s environment
Both classroom theory and clinical experience in a healthcare facility will be provided. Often the clinical experience will not be scheduled at the same time as classes. When students pass this course they will be qualified to sit for the Utah’s certification, written and skills exam.
- MTECH Nurse Assistant Program Certificate
- Healthcare Provider BLS and First Aid Certificate
- Students are prepared to sit for the State of Utah Certified Nurse Assistant Certification Exam
- This program is for high school students only.
- Students must be 16 years old prior to the first day of class.
- Students must have TB testing and a Hepatitis B vaccine, or sign a waiver form.
|Session||Location||Room||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Fall 2018||Heber||Wasatch UVU 226||8/24/2018||1/11/2019||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||Black Days|
|Fall 2018||Heber||Wasatch UVU 226||8/24/2018||1/11/2019||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||Black Days|
|Spring 2019||Heber||Wasatch UVU 226||1/16/2019||5/31/2019||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||Black Days|
|Spring 2019||Heber||Wasatch UVU 226||1/16/2019||5/31/2019||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||Black Days|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Registration Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Tuition||$0.00||All fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
|CNA State Exam||$0.00||included in fees|
|Missed Clinicals||$0.00||Missed clinicals (no call, no show) will result in fines of $50 each time|
Request A Tour
See For Yourself What We Offer
- Get a personal one-on-one tour
- See our labs and equipment first hand
- Get answers to your questions
100% Secure. We Never Share Your Information.