Wasatch UVU (Heber)
The primary duty of Certified Nursing Assistants, or CNA’s, is direct patient care, including attending to daily needs such as bathing and hygiene, assisting those with eating difficulties, and helping patients with range-of-motion exercises. Nursing Assistants also record and monitor patients’ vital signs, as well as remaining alert for any changes in the patient’s behavior or condition that might signal problems.
Students are trained under the direction of a licensed nurse in a patient’s physical, emotional, and social care.
The Nursing Assistant program will cover:
- Professional ethics
- Basic safety and emergencies
- CPR Certification
- Communication skills
- Body mechanics
- Vital signs
- Infection control
- Body systems and diseases
- Personal care of the patient and the patient’s environment
Both classroom theory and clinical experience in a healthcare facility will be provided. Often the clinical experience will not be scheduled at the same time as classes. When students pass this course they will be qualified to sit for the Utah’s certification, written and skills exam.
- MTECH Nurse Assistant Program Certificate
- Healthcare Provider BLS and First Aid Certificate
- Students are prepared to sit for the State of Utah Certified Nurse Assistant Certification Exam
- This program is for high school students only.
- Students must be 16 years old prior to the first day of class.
- Students must have TB testing and a Hepatitis B vaccine, or sign a waiver form.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Fall 2018||Heber Wasatch UVU Campus Room 226||8/20/18||1/10/19||7:25 AM||8:45 AM||M-F|
|Spring 2018||Heber Wasatch UVU Campus Room 226||1/14/19||5/24/19||8:55 AM||10:15 AM||M-F|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Registration Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Tuition||$0.00||All fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
|CNA State Exam||$0.00||included in fees|
|Missed Clinicals||$0.00||Missed clinicals (no call, no show) will result in fines of $50 each time|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Request A Tour
See For Yourself What We Offer
- Get a personal one-on-one tour
- See our labs and equipment first hand
- Get answers to your questions
100% Secure. We Never Share Your Information.