Lehi and Spanish Fork
Day and Night Courses
The MTech Automotive courses prepare students to take the ASE competency tests and certification exams which include G1, and A1-A8. By passing the A1-A8 certifications, a student can qualify for ASE Master Technician. ASE certifications are the industry standard, and required by many car dealerships as well as independent repair shops across the country.
Automotive service technicians and mechanics, often called service technicians or service techs, inspect, maintain, and repair cars and light trucks. Service technicians work on traditional mechanical components, such as engines, transmissions, belts, and hoses. However, they must also be familiar with a growing number of electronic systems. Braking, transmission, and steering systems, for example, are controlled primarily by computers and electronic components. Maintenance and Light Repair gives students a solid foundation in a variety of areas within the automotive industry including:
- Shop and Personal Safety
- Engine Repair
- Automatic Transmission and Transaxle
- Manual Drive Train and Axles
- Suspension and Steering Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Engine Performance
- Customer Service and Professionalism
- Students must meet with an Automotive Program instructor prior to the first day of class.
- All students must have a valid driver’s license.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Lehi Fall 2017||Lehi Campus Auto Bldg.||8/22/17||1/12/18||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||M-F|
|Lehi Fall 2017 Night||Lehi Campus Auto Bldg.||8/22/17||1/12/18||6:00 PM||9:45 PM||M-TH|
|Spanish Fork Fall 2017||Spanish Fork Campus Auto Bldg.||8/22/17||1/12/18||11:45 AM||2:45 PM||M-F|
|Lehi Spring 2018||Lehi Campus Auto Bldg.||1/16/18||5/24/18||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||M-F|
|Spanish Fork Spring 2017||Spanish Fork Campus Auto Bldg.||1/16/18||5/24/18||11:45 AM||2:45 PM||M-F|
|Lehi Spring 2018 Evening||Lehi Campus Auto Bldg.||1/16/18||5/24/18||6:00 PM||9:45 PM||M-Th|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Tuition||$540.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
|Thompson Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair||$47.00||ISBN: 9781111307417|
|Shop Workshirt||$50.00||Students only need one shirt and will not be charged for a shirt if they have one from a previous class|
|Toolkit||$150.00||A detailed list will be distributed on the first day of instruction|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.