Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork
Mornings, Afternoons and Evenings
This program prepares students to become well rounded administrators in the information technology field. Students begin by studying computer troubleshooting, then proceeding through network management. The administrative program provides a focus in network management, operations, and security management. Once the program has been completed technicians can be certified in six major industry certifications and have working knowledge of industry equipment.
The Information Technology Programs helps meet the diverse needs of students with different interests and objectives. Courses encourage practical application of knowledge through hands-on activities, to prepare students for career opportunities, continuing education, and globally-recognized certifications. With support from instructors, students who are disciplined and motivated can earn industry recognized certifications and acquire the hands-on skills to be confident in competing in today’s workforce.
Install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support, specialists. May administer network security measures.
- Students may earn Industry Certifications:
- MTECH Program Certificate in Information Technology: Window Administrator
- PC Technician – CompTIA A+
- Network Technician – CompTIA Network +
- Linux Technician – CompTIA Linux + LPI
- Security Technician – CompTIA Security
- Microsoft Server Pro: Install & Configure
- Microsoft Server Pro: Manage & Administrator
- Microsoft Server Pro: Advanced Services
- Articulation Agreements: Credit hours for completing this program can be counted towards degrees from UVU and USU. To learn more please see Articulation Agreements.
- Gainful employment Data