Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork
Day and Night
This program prepares students to become well rounded administrators in the information technology field. Students begin by studying computer troubleshooting, then proceeding through network management. The administrative program provides a focus in network management, operations, and security management. Once the program has been completed technicians can be certified in six major industry certifications and have working knowledge of industry equipment.
The Information Technology Programs helps meet the diverse needs of students with different interests and objectives. Courses encourage practical application of knowledge through hands-on activities, to prepare students for career opportunities, continuing education, and globally-recognized certifications.
With support from instructors, students who are disciplined and motivated cannot only earn industry recognized certifications, but will also acquire the hands-on skills to be confident in competing in today’s workforce.
Install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists. May administer network security measures.
- Student may earn Industry Certifications : PC Technician – CompTIA A+, Network Technician – CompTIA Network +, Linux Technician – CompTIA Linux + LPI, Security Technician – CompTIA Security, Microsoft Server Pro: Install & Configure, Microsoft Server Pro: Manage & Administor, Microsoft Server Pro: Advanced Services
- UVU Articulation Agreement – Completing this program, students are eligible to participate in an articulation agreement with Utah Valley University. Hours and certifications can be applied towards an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Technology at Utah Valley University (UVU). Learn more+
- Gainful employment Data
STEP 1: Completion of the Mountainland Applied Technology Information Technology Technician Program; or proof of competency through testing or certification of:
Certification must be current and not expired. All proof of certification must be presented before moving to the next step in the application process.
STEP 2: Applicant must have employment or been employed in the last 6 months in an Information Technology Field. Employment must have been at least 6 months. Proof of employment is required.
STEP 3: Once the requirements of competency and experience have been met, the applicant must meet with the Information Program Coordinator to complete the application process.
The application process will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religious background, sexual orientation, age or disability.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Lehi Morning||Lehi Campus Room 215||OE/OE||OE/OE||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-Th|
|Lehi Afternoon||Lehi Campus Room 215||OE/OE||OE/OE||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||M-Th|
|Lehi Evening||Lehi Campus Room 215||OE/OE||OE/OE||6:00 PM||8:30 PM||M-Th|
|Orem Morning||Orem Campus Room 105||OE/OE||OE/OE||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-Th|
|Orem Afternoon||Orem Campus Room 105||OE/OE||OE/OE||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||M-Th|
|Spanish Fork Evening||Spanish Fork Campus Room 213||OE/OE||OE/OE||6:00 PM||8:30 PM||M-Th|
Open Entry/Open Exit Schedule
The schedule for this course is offered as an Open Entry/Open Exit. Register by selecting from one of the available sessions. You will start on the next available OE/OE Start Date. You can find the next available OE/OE Start Date by checking the College Calendar.
- Self Paced means you may need more time to work with one concept, while needing less time with another. OE/OE allows you to choose how much time to spend on a particular concept and where to focus your attention. You are allowed to pick how quickly or slowly you complete your course, as long as you finish on or before your program hours run out.
- Open Entry means that you can register for any OE/OE program on any OE/OE Open Registration date. Generally those date are the first and third Mondays of the month. However, there are exceptions. Please check the MTECH Calendar for exact OE/OE dates.
- Open Exit means that you may complete a course sooner than the end of the total OE/OE hours for this program.
Due to the flexibility of this schedule, many students have an issue at first with effectively managing their time taking OE/OE classes. There are no regularly schedule assignments and lectures, which can make it more difficult to keep on task, using your own motivation. Students are used to having regular deadlines in place for assignments, and will have to be self-motivated to complete their coursework in a timely manner.
Each instructor will give students a syllabus at orientation that will include suggested due dates to assist them with managing their time. We have found time and time again that students who are regularly turning in coursework are more successful in their course than students who don’t submit work regularly or procrastinate.
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Tuition||$2,340.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:Yes.
Get started by visiting the Office of Financial Aid
|PC Pro Training Materials||$162.50|
|Network Pro Training Materials||$128.00|
|Security Pro Training Materials||$128.00|
|Linux Pro Training Materials||$128.00|
|Microsoft Server Pro: Install and Configure Training Materials||$190.00||Microsoft Server Pro: Manage and Administer Training Materials||$128.00|
|Microsoft Server Pro: Advanced Services Training Materials||$128.00|
|CompTIA A+ Industry Exam 901||$114.00|
|CompTIA A+ Industry Exam 902||$114.00|
|CompTIA Network+ Industry Exam||$177.00|
|CompTIA Security + Industry Exam||$247.00|
|Linux Technician-CompTIA Linux + LPI Industry Exam LXO-103||$190.00|
|Linux Technician-CompTIA Linux + LPI Industry Exam LXO-104||$190.00|
|Microsoft Server Pro: Install and Configure Training Materials||$125.00|
|Microsoft Server Pro: Manage and Administer Training Materials||$125.00|
|Microsoft Server Pro: Advanced Services Training Materials||$125.00|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.