The Heartsaver CPR/AED course combines basic CPR skills training with instruction and practice in using an AED. The course covers:
- adult CPR / AED with and without a mask
- adult choking
- child CPR / AED
- infant CPR
- child and infant choking
This course is intended for:
- Individuals who have a duty to respond to a cardiac emergency because of job responsibilities or regulatory requirements
- Lay rescuers who may need to respond to an emergency in the workplace
- Family members of patients at high risk for sudden cardiac death
- AHA Certification Card – Students will receive a certification card from the American Heart Association. The cost of the AHA card is included in the course fees.
- MTech Heartsaver CPR/AED Occupational Upgrade Certificate
- Students must be at least 16 years old to take the Heartsaver CPR/AED Certification Course
The course runs from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Tuesdays.
The course is scheduled for the following dates:
Summer 2017 – 6/20/2017
Fall 2017 – 7/18/2017
Fall 2017 – 8/15/2017
Fall 2017 – 9/19/2017
Fall 2017 – 10/17/2017
Fall 2017 – 11/21/2017
Fall 2017 – 12/19/2017
Spring 2018 – 1/16/2018
Spring 2018 – 2/20/2018
Spring 2018 – 3/20/2018
Spring 2018 – 4/17/2018
Spring 2018 – 5/15/2018
Summer 2018 – 6/19/2018
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Registration Fee||$0.00||There is no fee to register.|
|Tuition||$6.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
|CPR/AED Provider Course Manual||$15.00||ISBN# 978-1616694241; Students will have use of a course manual during training, but are strongly encouraged to purchase their own|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.