Days and Nights
- MTECH Gas Tungsten Arc Pipe Welding Program Certificate
- A.S.M.E. SEC IX Boiler & Pressure Vessel – GTAW Certificate
- Registration is available to adults and high school seniors only. Potential student must have taken Welding I at the high school level.
- The MTECH Entrance Assessment must be taken and passed with the minimum required score PRIOR to meeting with instructors.
Adult Students: Open Entry/Open Exit. Start any 1st or 3rd Monday, per available openings
Monday – Friday 7:30 am- 10:30 am OR 11:30 am – 2:30 pm OR 2:45 pm – 5:45 pm
Mon, Wed, Friday: 7:30 am – 10:30 am OR 11:30 am – 2:30 pm OR 2:45 pm – 5:45 pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 7:30 am – 10:30 am OR 11:30 am – 2:30 pm OR 2:45 pm – 5:45 pm
Monday – Thursday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm OR
Monday, Wednesday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm OR
Tuesday, Thursday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
*Summer Schedule: no class held on Friday
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Tuition||$420.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
Get started by visiting the Office of Financial Aid
|Textbook||$40.00||Hobart Institute of Welding Technology – Technical Guides|
|Welding equipment and Practice pipe||$142.00|
|Exam Materials for Industry Certifications||$60.00|
|Steel toed boots||$30.00|
|Additional Test Coupons||$18.00|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Request A Tour
See For Yourself What We Offer
- Get a personal one-on-one tour
- See our labs and equipment first hand
- Get answers to your questions
100% Secure. We Never Share Your Information.