Form Builder-Rough Carpenter
Through hard work, dedication, and the knowledge you gain in the Apprenticeship Program, you will increase your value to a company and to the construction industry, which typically leads to a higher wage. Participating in an apprenticeship program shows initiative in furthering your career and developing your leadership potential. In addition to learning from the pages of a book, you will learn directly from seasoned professionals that will show you tips, tricks, best practices and industry secrets that will give you an edge against your competition.
When you complete the apprenticeship program, you will receive a nationally recognized Form Builder/Rough Carpenter Journeyman Certificate from the Department of Labor / Office of Apprenticeship. Join the apprenticeship program and let our quest for the power of knowledge begin! This is the first of four courses in AGC’s Form Builder-Rough Carpenter (Building) Program.
This program is for students who have employment with a construction firm that is a member of the Associated General Contractors of Utah. Students learn on the job with their employer, and attend twice a week to cover theory and hands-on application. This training is held two semesters a year, for two years.
- Rough Carpenter 1A, 1B, 2A and 2B Occupational Skills Certificate
- Office of Apprenticeship Certification
- Registration is available to adult students only.
- Students must Contact Richard Fullmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 801-363-2753 for information on member contractors and to register for classes through the MTECH.
- Students must be employed by a contractor who is a member of the AGC of Utah.
- All students must register with AGC through their employer.
- Students must register with the Office of Apprenticeship
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|TBA||AGC||TBA||TBA||8:00 AM||5:00 PM||M-F|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Registration Fee||$40.00||One time fee.|
|Tuition||$320.00||Paid each semester. All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.