EMS Continuing Medical Education (CME) training is offered for individuals who hold a current Utah EMT certification and need to earn their required continuing medical education hours to maintain their credential. EMS credentials for Utah cycle every four years for individuals. The complete EMT National Standard Curriculum is taught each semester during MTech EMT and Advanced EMT programs.
This course provides an opportunity to obtain the required CME hours and practice the competencies in a hands on classroom or standardized patient setting to maintain the standard of care for license renewal.
Students can purchase 10 hours blocks of time to attend classes on the required subject matter.
This course is intended for individuals who hold a current Utah EMS certification.
- Registration is available to adults and high school seniors only.
- Students must have a current EMT or AEMT Certification
- Students must meet with the Program Coordinator to obtain a schedule
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Registration Fee||$0.00||There is no fee to register.|
|Tuition||$20.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.