Mornings and Evenings
This program will train students to respond as an EMT, which has the emergency skills to assess a patient’s condition and manage respiratory, cardiac, and trauma emergencies. Individuals interested in employment with Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting, or Emergency Medicine must be EMT certified. Training includes clinical and classroom hands-on training.
Topics include HAZMAT awareness, basic first aid, patient assessment, triage, multi-casualty, emergent and non-emergent patient moves (with and without CNS injury), airway management, CPR, shock & bleeding control, and more. Students can become key members of the EMS system.
Concurrent Enrollment: Students who pass the state certification can earn 9 hours of credit at some state colleges, if currently registered and enrolled with a minimum of 3 hours. Students must meet with the EMT Course Coordinator for college credit requirements and/or national certification.
- MTECH Program Certificate in Emergency Medical Technician.
- National EMT Certification
- NATIONAL CERTIFICATION TESTING: The EMT Program Fee includes the practical testing portion for the certification. The cost of the written exam will be paid to the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) upon program completion. The Program Fees also include the notarized application fees. Completion of this course does NOT guarantee certification with the NREMT or guarantee that you will be recommended for certification. Each student must meet all of the requirements of the EMT Program in order to be considered for recommendation.
- In addition, students will be required to finish ALL National testing and retesting within 120 days of the last day of the program. There is both a written and practical test required by the NREMT.
- Students must be at least 18 years old within 120 days of course completion in order to be eligible to sit for the National EMT Exam.
- Registration is available to Adults and High School Seniors only.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Summer 2018||Lehi Campus Room 102||6/4/18||8/9/2018||7:30 AM||11:30 AM||M-F|
|Fall 2018||Lehi Campus Room 102||8/21/18||12/11/18||6:00 PM||10:00 PM||T,W,Th|
|Spring 2019||Lehi Campus Room 102||1/15/18||5/2/18||6:00 PM||10:00 PM||T,W,Th|
|Summer 2019||Lehi Campus Room 102||6/3/18||8/1/2018||7:30 AM||11:30 AM||M-F|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Registration Fee||$40.00||This is a one time fee|
|Facilities Fee||$50.00||Includes Parking Pass|
|Tuition||$360.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
|Emergency Care 13th Edition, Book and Workbook||$167.00||ISBN # 13: 978–0–13–403490–4|
|MTECH EMT Shirt||$11.00|
|Blood Pressure Kit||$35.00|
|NREMT National Test||$85.00||For 2nd attempt; 1st attempt is included in program fees|
Request A Tour
See For Yourself What We Offer
- Get a personal one-on-one tour
- See our labs and equipment first hand
- Get answers to your questions
100% Secure. We Never Share Your Information.