Financial Aid Available
The MTech Culinary Arts Program will give students a great culinary foundation to build a career on. This program introduces every student to the basics of Culinary Arts regardless of current skill level. It then moves into more advanced cooking techniques in hot food preparation and presentation in the following:
- Cooking and Baking Principles
- Sanitation Procedures
- Menu Creation
- Knife and Equipment Care
- Workplace Relations
Study professional cooking in state of the art kitchens.
Develop management skills including inventory and menu plans by participating in MTech’s Evenings of Fine Dining.
Become a culinary professional by learning to put your passion into mixing the right ingredients and creating perfect dishes.
- MTech Culinary Arts I Program Certificate
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
- Food Handler’s Permit
- UVU Articulation Agreement – Completing both Culinary I and Culinary II, students are eligible to participate in an articulation agreement with Utah Valley University. Hours and certifications can be applied towards an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Technology at Utah Valley University (UVU). Learn more…
- Gainful employment Data
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Session 1||Lehi Room 117||8/22/17||5/24/18||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-F|
|Session 2||Lehi Room 117||8/22/17||5/24/18||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||M-F|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Tuition||$1,200.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:Yes.
Get started by visiting the Office of Financial Aid
|On Cooking Textbook and Workbook||$140.00||Bundle: 978-0133919332|
|Chef Uniform (pants, jacket, hat, marker, thermometer||$59.00|
|Visual Knife Skill Set I||$13.00|
|ServSafe Manager Book||$55.00|
|Small Knife Set w/Bag||$80.00|
|Large Knife Set w/bag||$100.00||includes: Sysco 8″ CHEF’S KNIFE-MILLENNIA M22608B; 8″ X 2″ KNIFE GUARD M33113; 3″ PARING M23900; 4″ X 1″ KNIFE GUARD M33110; 10″
WIDE BREAD KNIFE – MILLENNIA M23210B; 10″ X 2″ KNIFE GUARD M33112; 6″ BONING KNIFE-MILLENNIA M22306B; 6 X 1″ KNIFE GUARD
M33111; MINI MERCER RULES – ENGLISH M33243; SWIVEL PEELER-PLASTIC HANDLE M33091; KNIFE ROLL-7 POCKETS M30007M
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.