Day and Night
Professional commercial drivers are in high demand. Start on your path to a new high paying career and finish in as few as four weeks.Learn truck components and vehicle inspection, backing skills, advanced driving skills, safety and more. Log over 60 hours of on-the-road driving and observation. Four weeks of intensive training will prepare students for an exciting high paying career in the trucking industry.
Topics include: basic and advanced driving skills, truck components and operation, cost efficient operation, rules and regulations, paper work, personal health and safety, and driver professionalism. Students will also log over 60 hours of on-the-road driving and observation. This training prepares drivers for a career with a wide variety of local and over the road carriers. Employment in professional driving may depend on ability to meet employer and/or licensing requirements (i.e., health and drug screening, a satisfactory driving record, driving test, etc.), which is the student’s responsibility.
Endorsements for Doubles, Triples and Tankers are included in the course fees.
- MTECH Commercial Truck Driving Program Certificate
- State of Utah Commercial Driving License A (CDLA)
As part of the admission process students are required to complete the Career Ready Entrance Assessment. The Career Ready Entrance Assessment is free and takes approximately 1 hour to complete. You can take this assessment at anytime prior to registration. You only need to take this assessment once upon first registering at MTECH. You do not need to retake it for each program or additional course. For additional information or to schedule please visit mtec.edu/testing
- The program is recommended for drivers 21 years of age and older. For drivers 18 to 20 years of age, employment is intrastate driving only
- Students need to contact the CDL Lead Instructor before enrolling in the program to insure eligibility. Contact Randy Reid at 801-427-4615
- Students are required to provide MTECH a current copy of a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) to class on the first day of class.
- All students must have a valid driver’s license.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Session 1||Lehi Campus Room 306||1st/3rd Monday||TBA||8:00 AM||4:30 PM||M-F|
|Session 2||Lehi Campus Room 306||1st/3rd Monday||TBA||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-F|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Registration Fee||$40.00||This fee is waived if you have already registered.|
|Tuition||$320.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No.
Get started by visiting the Office of Financial Aid
Request A Tour
See For Yourself What We Offer
- Get a personal one-on-one tour
- See our labs and equipment first hand
- Get answers to your questions
100% Secure. We Never Share Your Information.