The Basic Life Support (BLS) Course for Health Care Providers is designed to provide a wide variety of professionals with the skills to keep people alive until they can be brought to a hospital or be treated with more advanced lifesaving measures. This course covers: adult and pediatric CPR, two-rescuer scenarios and use of the bag-valve masks, foreign-body airway obstruction, automated external defibrillation, special resuscitation situations, stroke and cardiac arrest, and other cardiopulminary emergencies.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR:
• Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT and AEMT)
• Physician Assistants (PA)
• Residents for Fellows
• Respiratory, Physical and Occupational Therapists
• Medical or Nursing students in training
• Aides, Medical or Nursing Assistants, and other allied health personnel
• First Responders, such as police officers and firefighters
• Laypeople whose work brings them into contact with members of the public
6 Hour Course • 1 Day
Note: If student is sponsored by a qualifying company, Utah State Custom Fit funding may be available to offset training costs by up to 50%. For details visit the Custom Fit homepage.
Certificates and Licensures
Heartsaver BLS Certification
Registration Eligibility: Adults and high school students who are age 16 and older and at least a junior in high school.
Registration Availability: Open
Program Length: 6 Hours.
Times: First Saturday of each month unless holidays, then second Saturday. See schedule details below.
Locations: MTECH Lehi Main
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
Tuition and Fees
|Program Fees||$26.00||Includes facilities fee|
|total:||$38.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Materials and Supplies
|BLS Course Manual||$8.00||ISBN: 978-1-161669-407-4|