Automated manufacturing specialists are in high demand currently in Utah. There is a wide variety of manufacturing industries in Utah, everything from electronics to aerospace. Graduates of this program will learn to utilize industry standard tools, manufacturing equipment, and procedures for automated manufacturing. Students will learn important manufacturing principles such as 6 Sigma, lean manufacturing, and 5S’s to make their workplace and station efficient and reduce variation in their work.
Our program focuses on hands-on approach to specialize students in manufacturing equipment maintenance, operation, and the design of processes for new products being built. Students enrolled in Automated Manufacturing will learn how to design a product through a 3D computer automated drafting program, and prototype this product using 3D printers, then how to build this product as quickly and efficiently as possible. Students will also learn several different systems that are used to create high quality products consistently, including hydraulic and pneumatic, electronic, motor control, programmable logic controllers, and finish with assembly line robotics and mechatronics.
This program prepares students for employment as assembly line leads and technicians, automated technicians, robotic specialists, machine technicians and operators, rapid prototypers, and automated troubleshooters.
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
Registration is available to adult students only.
All students must complete the MTECH Entrance Assessment. Please visit the MTECH Testing Center for details.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Spring 2018||Orem Campus Room 107||1/16/18||5/24/18||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-F|
|Fall 2018||Orem Campus Room 107||8/20/18||TBD||11:20 AM||2:30 PM||M-Th|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Tuition||$1890.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.