Learn and Work in Utah Program Information
MTECH is excited to offer scholarship opportunities for many of our Career and Development Programs. This opportunity offers adult students the chance to enroll and complete employment-ready programs at no cost for tuition, program fees, books, or supplies.
Registration currently occurring.
'Learn & Work in Utah' is a joint effort of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development and the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE), made possible through funding from the state and federal government.
Other Utah institutions offering Learn & Work in Utah courses include Bridgerland Technical College, Dixie Applied Technology College, Dixie State University, Salt Lake Community College, Snow College, Southern Utah University, Southwest Technical College, Tooele Technical College, the University of Utah, Utah State University, Utah Valley University, and Weber State University.
How To Register
- Create an account on the student portal:- https://portal.mtec.edu/Portal/Student/Application
- Satisfy entrance requirements with the Testing Center - https://mtec.edu/testing/
- Set an appointment with a counselor to complete a training agreement form - https://mtec.edu/counseling/
(Required for Medical Assistant, Medical Billing, Digital Media, and Welding)
- Register through the student portal - https://portal.mtec.edu/Portal/Courses
a). Select the "Learn and Work in Utah Courses" category.
b). Select your program and add it to your cart – make sure the course name has "LWUTAH Scholarship" in the program title.
- When ready to check out, use the “Approved Sponsor” check box and select “Learn and Work in Utah Scholarship” to finish registration:
- After you are enrolled, please allow two business days to receive a congratulation letter from student services.
For questions on how to apply and enroll through our portal – email firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions on the assessment test or waiver – email email@example.com
For questions on your scholarship profile or scholarship application – email firstname.lastname@example.org