The current tuition rate is 2.00 per enrolled hour. Tuition rates are established annually by the Utah College of Applied Technology Board of Trustees, and are among the lowest in the state.
High school students pay fees only until their class graduates. After graduating the student is considered an adult and is subject to the current tuition and annual fees for any remaining hours needed to complete their program and receive a certificate.
There is no fee to apply.
A non-refundable registration fee of $40.00 is required at the time of registration in to any program.
Re-enrollment within one year requires a non-refundable $20.00 re-enrollment fee.
Re-enrollment after one year requires a non-refundable $40.00 application fee.
Program Fees and Program Refunds
Program fees are annually assessed and approved by the MTech Board of Directors.
- If a student exceeds 12 months in a program they will be assessed an additional annual program fee. This fee is not pro-rated based on the expected length of time to complete.
- If a student completes the program in the 13th month of the program, 2/3 of the second annual fee will be refunded.
- If a student completes the program in the 14th month of the program, 1/3 of the second annual fee will be refunded.
- If a student completes the program at any time following the 14th month of enrollment, the student will not be refunded any of the second annual fee.
- Students finishing class work and going to an externship will not be charged annual fees beyond the last day of class work. Tuition will be charged for externship hours.
- The annual fee procedure does not apply to the Cosmetology Program.
Additional fees may apply:
- Schedule Change Fee: $5.00
- Testing Fee: (program specific)
- Official Transcript Fee: $5.00
- Technology Fee: $25.00
- Parking Permit Fee: $25.00
- Refund Processing Fee: $5.00
- Duplicate Certificate Fee: $5.00
- Check Re-deposit Fee: $20.00
- Duplicate Flagging Card Fee: $5.00
Most programs/courses require the purchase of textbooks, workbooks and/or other instructional items. Please refer to the Program Details found on each program’s information page.
Possible Funding Sources
MTech partners with several government agencies and private organizations to assist students with training expenses. Included are: Department of Workforce Services (DWS), Division of Rehabilitation (Voc Rehab), Deseret Industries (DI). Students may want to contact one or more of these organizations directly to arrange financing.
Veterans Administration funding is available for many of the MTech programs. More information can be found on the Financial Aid Information page.
Private Lending Institutions. Inquire at your bank or credit union regarding available student loan options.