MTECH was award this prestigious honor for demonstrating it’s commitment to the community, through it’s efforts in providing exceptional vocational training. Students and faculty are proud of what this award means. It couldn’t have been possible without the students continued dedication to learning and striving for the best.
The “Best of State” awards were created to recognize outstanding individuals, organizations, and businesses in Utah. By recognizing excellence in the community and sharing examples of success and triumph in various worthy endeavors, the organization hopes that others will be inspired to reach a little higher, to try a little harder, and to work a little longer for their dreams and goals.
The Best of State judges look for individuals, businesses, and organizations that:
- Excel in their endeavors
- Use innovative approaches or methods
- Contribute to a better quality of life in Utah
Nominees are judged on the following:
- Achievement in the field of endeavor (50 percent). Best of State candidates have demonstrated achievement and excellence in their fields of endeavor and have produced superior results and outcomes. Evidence for this achievement may include – but is not limited to – recognition from peers, development of superior products, growth and expansion of their enterprise, and previous awards and competitions won.
- Innovation or creativity in approaches, techniques, methods or processes (30 percent). Best of State candidates have achieved superior results and differentiated themselves in positive ways from others within their field through innovation or creativity in approaches, techniques, methods or processes.
- Contribution to improving the quality of life in Utah (20 percent). Best of State candidates have made Utah a better place. Community service, charitable contributions (financial or goods and services), family-friendly employment policies, environmentally sound practices or policies, increased employment opportunities, community beautification, education, contribution to a strong economy, and cultural contributions are just a few ways people and organizations make Utah a better place to live and work.
Thanks to our faculty, staff and especially our students for making this happen!